I’m missing my boy this morning.
Yet even as I miss his larger-than-life personality and as his absence leaves a very empty space in our family, I know that he is where he is supposed to be this week.
Camp With An Impact.
While I’m missing him, I’m also hoping that he is enjoying all that camp offers: paintball, high ropes course, canoeing, swimming, and meeting new friends and spending time with old ones. But most importantly, I hope and pray that he is learning about God and growing in his personal relationship with his Savior.
The camp experience has come a long way since my days at Phantom Ranch in Mukwonago, Wisconsin. Back in those days, if my parents wanted to have any contact with me while I was at camp, they had to send a letter – through the mail! Nowadays, if I want to have contact with my son, I can send him an email. He can’t respond back, but he can hear from his family everyday. And on top of that, I can also become “friends” with his camp on facebook which allows me see status updates and pictures of what’s going on at camp. It’s a small window into what my son is experiencing and I’ve been thankful for it.
Yesterday as I was looking through the few pictures that had been shared, I was brought to tears by images of 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students with hands held high in the midst of worship. It was an incredible sight. These are students who are, in general, in a place in their lives when their faith will become their own. That’s my hope for the precious boy in the photo above.
Yes, I’m sad because my son is not with me right now, but I also feel incredibly blessed that he is able to experience such an amazing time of fun and spiritual growth while at camp.
And will I be overjoyed to have him back in my arms tomorrow night?
You betcha!
awesome shot of your handsome young man.
ReplyDeletepraying for his safe return and your joyous reunion as a family!
xo