Thursday, April 5, 2012

[dandelions]

It’s that time of year again.  The dreaded dandelions.  In my opinion, about the only thing they’re good for is photographs!  They may be unsightly in my yard, but through the lens of my camera, the detail can be magical.

[Psalm 104:24] … What a wildly wonderful world, God!  You made it all, with Wisdom at your side, made earth overflow with your wonderful creations. (MSG)

Even dandelions…

IMG_3702_edited-1

IMG_3704_edited-1

IMG_3705_edited-1

IMG_3707_edited-1

IMG_3708_edited-1

IMG_3712_edited-1

IMG_3716_edited-1

IMG_3718_edited-1

IMG_3720_edited-1

IMG_3722_edited-1

iso 250 … f/5.6 … 100 mm

Edited with my favorite “go to” actions from Pure Photoshop Actions (It’s All About the Bling Baby, Lookin’ Sharp Baby, Hazy Baby I)

[Linking up with Deb for This or That Thursday]

14 comments:

  1. These are amazing!! Your right the only thing they are good for is photographs. I chopped all ours down yesterday and I can only imagine how many more are going to grow from these. The kids love them which doesn't help the yard lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely shots! wishing you and your family a blessed Resurrection weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some amazing shots!! They are so pretty, so much detail. What an awesome God we serve!!

    Blessings♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe knowing that they are a very important first source of food for the bees will help to redeem them a bit in your heart and mind...your pictures are lovely...praying joy for your day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos, I love such closeups! I don't mind dandelions too much actually, I love everything colourful, we have a very long greyish winter where I live :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excuisite!! These shots are truly stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning series! I was just sitting outside yesterday thinking about how my mom would pay us for every dandelion we picked because she wanted them out of her yard... I personally think they are little bursts of sunshine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with you - they are a real pain but also kind of magical in a picture. Lovely shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, they are bad this year aren't they? My daughter said the other day, "look at all the flowers on the lawn" lol. Great shots of what otherwise is an annoying "flower".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dazzling and magical shots ~ Wow! ~thanks, namaste, ^_^ linked w/This and That Thurs

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!! I've always love picking those, saying a wish, and blowing it away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these shots! So delicate, and much more lovely than in person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU made dandelions look AMAZING!! Seriously, WOW.

    ReplyDelete